Whilst there are no longer restrictions on any events, respiratory infections can spread easily between people. It is important for all attendees and event staff to be aware of symptoms so they can take actions to reduce the risk of spreading the infection to other people.
The symptoms of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections are very similar so it is not possible to tell if you have COVID-19, flu or another infection based on symptoms alone. Most people with COVID-19 will have a relatively mild illness, especially if they have been vaccinated.
Symptoms of COVID-19, flu and common respiratory infections include:
· continuous cough
· high temperature, fever or chills
· loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell
· shortness of breath
· unexplained tiredness, lack of energy
· muscle aches or pains that are not due to exercise
· not wanting to eat or not feeling hungry
· headache that is unusual or longer lasting than usual
· sore throat, stuffy or runny nose
· diarrhoea, feeling sick or being sick
Some people may continue to have a cough or feel tired after other symptoms have improved, but this does not mean that they are still infectious. You can find information about these symptoms on the NHS website.